Toronto Employment Lawyers representing Employees
As an employee, it is important to ensure that you receive fair treatment at your workplace whether you are beginning a new position, currently employed, or severing an existing working relationship.
The employment law team at Mills & Mills LLP has over 130 years of experience working with both employers and employees. As such, our clients benefit from the expertise we have acquired from working on employment issues from both sides.
Expert Advice for Newly Employed or Recently Terminated Employees
At the start of a new position, our lawyers can assist with reviewing your employment contract in order to maximize the benefits to you. We will also advise you of your rights and obligations under the contract, and represent you in contract negotiations that may be required.
In the event of termination, we will provide assistance by helping to ensure that you receive fair notice in accordance with the length of service, or pay in lieu of notice. If your notice and/or severance payment does not sufficiently match your entitlement, we will negotiate with your former employee for additional pay.
If you are currently employed or have been recently terminated, we can provide you with expert advice with respect to a host of employment issues, including:
- Drug testing
- Workplace violence
- Hostile work environments
- Human rights violations
- Employment standards
- Pensions, benefits and disability
- Pay equity
- Employment insurance
- Pregnancy and parental leave
- Occupational health and safety
- Workplace investigations
- Harassment, including racial and sexual harassment
- Discrimination, including: discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, family and medical leave, failure to accommodate and retaliation
- Termination issues, including: wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal claims, including the negotiation of increased severance based on length of service and other
Should you become involved in a dispute with your employer, we can represent you in settlement negotiations, mediation or court. It can be a highly stressful experience, but our lawyers will work to protect your interests while seeking a mutually satisfying and efficient resolution wherever possible.
Contact the Employment Lawyers at Mills & Mills LLP
In order to benefit from the expert advice and representation of our employment law team, please contact us at 416-863-0125 or send us an email.