Tanya practices in the area of business law, advising private companies as well as charities and not-for-profits on both corporate and commercial matters, including corporate restructuring, contracts and transactional work. Tanya can assist with incorporation, corporate reorganizations, continuance, charitable registration, dissolution, and general commercial services, and she advises clients on questions of governance, by-laws, regulatory compliance and related litigation.
Tanya began her legal career as a summer student with Mills & Mills LLP in 2017 and subsequently articled with the firm in 2018. Prior to joining the firm in 2019 as an associate in the business law group, Tanya obtained her Juris Doctor from Osgoode Hall Law School, completed a Masters Degree in Political Science at the University of Toronto and an Honours Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science from McMaster University.
Tanya has worked at all three levels of government including Toronto City Hall, the Ontario Legislature and the House of Commons and brings her knowledge of the public sector in assisting her private sector clients. She is also published in the Journal of Parliamentary and Political Law, The Osgoode Hall Law Journal and The Canadian Political Science Review.
- EYE SPY: Employers Now Obligated to Develop Policy on Electronic Monitoring of Employees
- Let’s Get Digital: The Canada Digital Adoption Program and Your Business
- BUDGET BREAKDOWN: What the 2022 Federal Budget Means for Your Business
- Shaking Things Up: Navigating the Prime Minister’s Cabinet Shuffle
- Mills & Mills LLP Associate, Tanya Kuzman, contributes to ‘Civil Procedure and Practice in Ontario 2021’
- Corporate Law Practicum Mentor, Lincoln Alexander School of Law at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Civil Procedure and Practice in Ontario, 2nd ed
Year of Call
JD, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2018
Masters, University of Toronto, 2014
Honors Bachelor of Arts, McMaster University, 2012
Ontario Bar Association
Motionball for Special Olympics