Tanya practices in the area of business law, advising private companies, from start-ups to multinational corporations, on corporate and commercial matters. With a strong focus on merger and acquisition transactions, Tanya’s practice also includes advising on corporate governance, commercial agreements, regulatory compliance, and related litigation. Tanya also regularly acts for charities and Not-for-Profit organizations on questions of governance, by-laws, charitable status and board disputes.
Tanya obtained her Juris Doctor from Osgoode Hall Law School, and a Masters Degree in Political Science from the University of Toronto. She also holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science from McMaster University. Tanya serves as Practicum Mentor at the Lincoln Alexander School of Law through Toronto Metropolitan University, and is Co-Chair of the firm’s student committee.
Tanya has worked at all three levels of government including Toronto City Hall, the Ontario Legislature and the House of Commons and brings her knowledge of the public sector in assisting her private sector clients. She is also published in the Journal of Parliamentary and Political Law, The Osgoode Hall Law Journal and The Canadian Political Science Review, and most recently in Civil Procedure & Practice in Ontario, 2nd ed.
- EYE SPY: Employers Now Obligated to Develop Policy on Electronic Monitoring of Employees
- Let’s Get Digital: The Canada Digital Adoption Program and Your Business
- BUDGET BREAKDOWN: What the 2022 Federal Budget Means for Your Business
- Shaking Things Up: Navigating the Prime Minister’s Cabinet Shuffle
- Mills & Mills LLP Associate, Tanya Kuzman, contributes to ‘Civil Procedure and Practice in Ontario 2021’
- Corporate Law Practicum Mentor, Lincoln Alexander School of Law at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Civil Procedure and Practice in Ontario, 2nd ed
Year of Call
JD, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2018
Masters, University of Toronto, 2014
Honors Bachelor of Arts, McMaster University, 2012
Ontario Bar Association
Motionball for Special Olympics