Health LawTrusted advisors for health care professionals, long-term care homes, clinics, foundations and other health organizations throughout Ontario
Experienced Health Law Lawyers in Toronto
Health care and its regulation are complex. Our lawyers have found that matters concerning medical professionals and health care organizations have developed into a distinct legal field with its own language and its own way of resolving issues. Health care law is rapidly evolving, as regulation of professionals working in health care is changing and the health care system is expanding.
At Mills & Mills LLP, we concentrate on the business side of health care law, advising health care professionals on business and regulatory issues. We also focus on areas where law and health policy intersect, such as organization of the health care system, bioethics, professional governance, malpractice issues, intellectual property, information technology and privacy and public health applications.
As our client, you will have a primary lawyer who will act as your adviser and get to know your situation in detail. Our health law lawyers will handle your matters with the highest standards of professionalism and in-depth knowledge of what makes health care law unique.
Lawyers for Health Care Professionals – Doctors, Dentists, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists and Midwives
We act for a range of clients within the medical field in the Greater Toronto Area, including:
- Health care institutions such as regional hospitals and health organizations
- Long-term care facilities such as nursing homes and care facilities
- Colleges of regulated health professionals
- Individual health care professionals and practices, such as doctors, dentists, chiropractors, audiologists, midwives and physiotherapists
- Professional associations and public interest groups active in the health sector
- Health-related charities and not-for-profit organizations
As well as providing advice for health care businesses, we advise clients in the private and public sectors on a wide range of issues with the goal of reaching cost-effective, practical solutions. Our services include advice on:
- Business structure, business formation, contract drafting and employment issues
- Litigation, including contract disputes, medical malpractice, personal injury, collection, complaints, insurance and employment issues
- Governance of regulatory bodies, complaint and discipline proceedings, professional standards, audits and investigations
- Issues of capacity, including capacity to consent to health care treatment as well as guardianships of estates
Contact the Health Law Lawyers at Mills & Mills LLP
For more information on the legal services provided by our health law lawyers in Ontario, contact Mills & Mills LLP at 416-863-0125 or send us an email.