IT LawAdvising clients on their information technology needs
Toronto Lawyers for Information Technology Law
Technology and Software Contracting
Our business law lawyers represent and assist vendors of specialized software products, solutions, and services with all aspects of industry specific IT contracting drafting, review and negotiation. We have expertise in all areas and aspects of information technology focused transactions and relationships including:
- managed cloud services
- cross-platform data collection and management
- software development and licensing
- configuration and integration
- website and application development and deployment
- terms of service and privacy policies
- master services agreements and SOWs
- consulting services
- chatbot development, deployment and support
- support service level agreements
- reseller agreements
- government procurement and sales
Our intellectual property law lawyers will help protect your valuable proprietary IP assets in the contractual context.
Our privacy lawyers specialize in all areas of data privacy, data security and protection; and the laws that relate specifically to technology and internet-based businesses and organizations. This includes everything concerning the collection, use, transfer, disclosure and storage of personally identifiable information and related personal data.
- Internet-related privacy issues and policies involving the collection, use and sharing of personal information, consent, data anonymization, aggregation and other strategies to comply with data privacy laws and regulations.
- Cross-border issues including the rules which relate to transferring data outside of Canada.
- Relevant legislation including the Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), provincial privacy legislation, the European Union’s GDPR, and U.S. based privacy legislation.
- Policies and practices dealing with data security, encryption, data breach responses, reporting and other statutory notification obligations.
Our corporate/commercial and business law group represents and advises software and other technology companies on all legal matters, and provides practical, cost-effective services and advice focusing on clients’ technology specific corporate needs and issues. Our IT lawyers support our corporate and commercial group with corporate creation and organization, shareholder agreements, compensation plans, financings, mergers and acquisitions, NDAs, Independent contractor agreements, distribution, supplier and other transactional agreements.